September 5, 2017
On behalf of Jensen Staff and Local School Council,
I am pleased to welcome you to the 2017-18 school year! We are looking forward to an exciting and productive school year! It’s our goal to form a strong partnership with you to ensure that our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she does the following:
- 1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- 2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- 3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- 4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- 5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- 6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college and/or career
As we kick off our new year, please consider joining our school volunteer program as our scholars can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We are currently seeking volunteers to help us with lunch/recess, and morning reading with children who need extra help.
The dedicated Jensen staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you at this year’s Open House, September 21, 2018. Please mark your calendars accordingly.
Dr. Okafor-Conley, School Principal